Twitter Update

Ash
    follow me on Twitter

    Monday 6 January 2014

    "...you stop looking into mirrors..."

    So, in a amongst all the other things I've been watching lately, I've also been rewatching Babylon 5. I'm up to the end of the first season, and there was something in the last episode that did somewhat hit me. It was something Londo said; 

    "There comes a time when you look into the mirror and realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. Then you accept it, or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking into mirrors."

    You see, it made me think. Is what I am now all I will ever be? Is this as good as it's ever going to get? It ties in with what I've been thinking lately, that over the last year I've largely been treading water and not really progressing with my life. Honestly, if I look at where I am now compared with where I was this time last year I really cannot see any appreciable difference. 

    I think I've been coasting, just waiting to see what happens, and really reacting to things as they do happen. That doesn't make me happy, as I need to get off my arse and do things to change and improve. But it's scary. I know nothing ever lasts forever, and any changes that do come need to come from me, and not from others doing things to me. 

    And then other quotes come to mind, those old quotes I may have mentioned once or twice before;

    "Habit and fear of change are the worst reasons for ever doing ANYTHING."

    And; 

    "The first act of revolution is destruction 
    and the first thing to destroy is THE PAST.
    scary
    like falling in love
    it reminds us we're alive."

    And, if I'm going to go on with this quoting thing, one from the great man himself;

    "Life depends on change. And renewal."

    The question is, though, what is the correct change? And what happens if all goes wrong? Ah... to just go "BANG!" (that's another quote!)... if only I could.  But a change has to come, and it has to come from me. If it doesn't, then it's yet another change imposed upon me by external factors. And I've had enough of those. 

    So. I have to change...

    Well, either that or stop looking in to mirrors. 

    No comments: