Twitter Update

Ash
    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 19 January 2014

    "...the summer seemed to last forever..."

    I recall reading a quote a few months back, which I think was from the final episode of the US version of The Office. It went like this;

    "I wish there was a way to know you were in the good old days before you left them."

    And it was one of those simple quotes, that with hindsight seems so blindingly obvious that it seems impossible that it's not something everyone has always thought forever. 

    When were your "good old days"? A year ago? Five years ago? Ten years ago? That quote challenges you to think... what if the good old days are actually happening right now? We all reminisce about the times we had that were great, but we just don't always recognise them when they are happening. There's various parts of my life I look back on and think "yeah, those were good times"; but at the time they just seemed like normal life.

    Life has a habit of doing that to you, its extremes can somehow become the norm. Heck, even when there are bad things happening to you it becomes the norm. Although when you do have moments that can be deemed the bad times, you do really know them; and then you end up thinking it'll never end. But it will. It always does. 

    I'm sure there was a point to all this, but for the moment it's escaped me...

    No comments: