Twitter Update

Ash
    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday 9 January 2014

    "...I'll crack something across his canister.."

    Danny Dyer was always one of those actors I'd not really paid that much attention to. I'd seen him in a few things, and enjoyed them. But he was never someone I'd paid that much attention to. Then, I started listening to the Kermode and Mayo film podcast, and suddenly my awareness of Mr Dyer rapidly increased. To say that Dr Kermode is not fond of My Dyer is somewhat of an underestimate... the scathing reviews of each new film... the impressions... all paint a picture of Mr Dyer that is, somewhat, less than flattering. 

    So... the news of his appearance in EastEnders as Mick Carter, the new landlord of the Queen Vic, didn't exactly fill me with enthusiasm.

    That is, until I actually saw him on screen. 

    We're now three weeks in to his appearances, and I'd say he's slotting in to the show just perfectly; he just seems perfectly cast as the cheeky chappy now in charge of the Queen Vic. It seems he has found his niche. He's settled in so well, so quickly, that it's already hard to think of the show without him. 

    Already in interviews he's saying that he intends to stay for the long haul; referring it as "doing a 20 stretch". And, I hope he does stay.

    No comments: