Twitter Update

Ash
    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday 12 January 2014

    "...all good things..."

    As I get older I find one of the things that annoys me more than anything is waiting for things. I seem to spend more time waiting for a thing, or at least thinking about waiting for a thing, than experiencing it. And it does get tiring, as often the waiting of a thing can just build things up in your mind and make it overwhelming; especially if it's waiting for something bad to happen. 

    Even when you look at what should be relatively inconsequential things like waiting for a new episode of a TV show (The Walking Dead, I am looking at you*), or the next issue of a comic (see previous brackets). I guess, though, it does build up anticipation as I just know that if someone were to wave a magic wand, and the remaining eight episodes of the current season of The Walking Dead were to arrive on my hard drive by magic, I'd splurge through the whole lot in one, joyous, emotional, heart breaking, shocking, six hour session...

    But then the wait for the next season would be even greater, and the impact of the cliffhangers lessened a little by their instant resolutions. 'Cos half the appeal of a good cliffhanger is spending some time working out how they're going to get out of that or what the impact of a twist will be on a plot. 

    I guess it needs time to brew in the mind. 

    So, maybe waiting isn't too bad...

    ...but then what if a double decker bus crashes in to me tomorrow...? 

    Oh, I dunno... 

    * - also see Game of Thrones. The TV show for which they have just released a 15 second trailer advertising the screening of a full length (however long that might be) trailer for the fourth season. A trailer for a trailer? Strewth!

    No comments: