Twitter Update

Ash
    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday 15 January 2014

    "...I want more than I can get..."

    I can't seem to stop buying Blu Rays and DVDs. Sometimes this isn't too bad, when it comes to things I either know I'll watch immediately, or at least relatively soon. Or even if it's an upgraded copy of a loved film (for example, at this very moment winging its way from Australia is a Blu Ray of the greatest movie of the 1990's...).

    But looking at my shelves, and knowing there's about a third more in boxes squirreled away, I know there are many DVDs and Blus that sit on the shelf, completely unwatched. 

    I cast my mind back to when I first got a DVD player, and the first thing I ordered from Amazon; it was a DVD box set, at a bargain price, of the classic TV drama I, Claudius. That box set sits, on the shelf, unwatched. I could try to make a list of everything unwatched, but I think I would despair... and that wouldn't even take in to account the cases where I've watched the main feature, but the extras remain unwatched...

    There are many such DVDs and Blus scattered throughout the years...

    Yet, there are plenty which I do watch quite soon. The trouble is working out which is likely to be which, in advance, and to only buy the ones I know I'll watch...

    No comments: